steak and eggs a bit grown up…
i love quiche, spinach and bacon is what i usually make. but due to my honey’s lack of intake for spinach, i knew i had to come up with something else. i had steak sandwiches earlier in the week and i only had about 4 slices of meat left, but i knew i would use it for something. and as i had imagined i ran out of bacon and breakfast was due to be served, so i started my ” oh crap” digging through the fridge and steak,red pepper, onion,potato quiche is what i came up with. sounds like a man’s breakfast to me…so here is the recipe, i hope it inspires you to maybe make something different for breakfast today…
from me two you,
steak and egg quiche
1 uncooked premade pie crust
2 T. olive oil
1/4 of a onion – chopped
1/4 of a red pepper – chopped
1 potato baked in microwave then cubed
4 small slices of steak – chopped
1/4 C. shredded colby jack cheese
4 eggs + 4 T. milk – whisked
pam cooking spray
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in frying pan heat oil on medium heat. cook chopped onion and pepper until tender.
- turn off burner and add steak and potatoes.
- spray pie plate with pam and unroll pie crust. crimp edges and prick bottom of curst with fork ( about 20 times ) blind bake pie shell for 10 minutes, remove from oven.
- in small bowl beat eggs and milk until well combined.
- place steak mixture in bottom of pie shell.
- top with 1/4 C. of shredded colby cheese.
- pour beaten eggs over steak and cheese.
- place pie in oven. bake 25 – 30 minutes until eggs are set.