i just couldn’t eat another sandwich for lunch. my taste buds wanted more and more i was gonna give them. shrimp is honestly my favorite food in the world, so i thought that would be a good start. it’s also summer so i’ve got lots of veggies on hand, but i wanted to keep it simple,so this is kinda like a greek salad minus the heavy dressing. i loved what i came up with….
from me two you,
shrimp orzo salad for two
1 C. uncooked orzo pasta
salt and pepper
1/4 C. chopped red pepper
1/4 C. chopped & peeled cucumber
1/4 C. chopped red onion
1/4 C. feta cheese
1 C. cooked shrimp
1 T. pesto sauce
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- fill large pot with water and bring water to a boil. once boiling lightly salt water and add 1 cup of uncooked orzo. cook for 9 minutes, then drain pasta and set aside to cool.
- begin slicing veggies, try to slice red pepper , cucumber, and red onion in similar in size.i tried to cut everything in little cubes.
- in a small bowl whisk pesto and olive oil to combine.
- in large bowl combine pasta, chopped veggies, feta cheese, and cooked shrimp. drizzle dressing on top and lightly toss to combine. salt and pepper to taste.
- let salad chill for 1 hour before serving.