chili honestly has never been one of my favorites. it’s too beany and meaty for my taste to just eat straight out of the bowl. finally i think i’ve got it just right, add a fluffy jiffy corn muffin on the bottom of the bowl, top with chili, and cover in sour cream and onion. now that’s a tasty bowl of chili. the problem as you guessed is any recipe you may find for chili makes 2 gallons, not a small pot. so seeing that it’s not one of my favorites i was on a mission to downsize.
this really did turn out just the perfect amount for our sunday football watching session. so if it’s a saturday or sunday and you’re not sure what to make,chili for two might be the perfect fit for you…
from me two you,
chili for two
2 T. olive oil
1/2 onion – chopped finely – save 2 T. for garnish
1/4 lb ground beef
1/2 can black beans – drained and rinsed
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 T. taco seasoning
pinch of salt and pepper
toppings: jiffy corn muffins, sour cream, and onion
- in medium size pot heat 2 T. olive oil and saute chopped onions until tender.
- leaving onions in pot begin to brown ground beef.
- once meat is browned add in 1/2 can of drained black beans and can of crushed tomatoes.
- sprinkle in taco seasoning and salt and pepper.
- let simmer for one hour before serving.