so i was in need of a quick lunch. i was out of bread, no lunch meat, and out of ideas. we had a few people over a few weeks back and made a buffalo chicken dip and everyone loved it, but luckily that left over bottle of hot sauce was enough to spark an idea for me…what if i made a “small” amount of dip but put it in a tortilla and then fried it to crispy goodness…sounds like lunch to me.
from me two you,
buffalo chicken taquitos
2 T. cream cheese
1/4 C. cooked chicken – chopped
1 T. buffalo wing sauce
1 T. blue cheese crumbles
2 flour tortilla shells
vegetable oil for frying
blue cheese dressing for dipping or sour cream for a topping
- in small bowl heat cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds.
- in same bowl add in chicken, wing sauce, and blue cheese. stir well to combine.
- now lay out both tortilla shells and divide cream cheese mixture evenly in center on both shells.
- heat vegetable oil in frying pan ( depending on size of your pan is how much oil you will need, you want there to be about 1/4 inch thick )
- brown stuffed tortillas until crispy. serve warm with blue cheese dressing for dipping sauce and/or sour cream on top.