i love love love cheesecake, only problem is it takes to long to bake. this is a classic recipe of mine, i make it all the time because it’s so easy , people think they are so delicious, and i secretly save a few for my late night snacking. so the next time you have a few people over for dinner, or your headed to a party take these babies and i promise the compliments will be flowing your way. and just a side note top these bars with anything you love, i’ve made toffee bit ones, strawberry ones, just chocolate chip ones, any flavor that you find on cheesecake would work well. so happy baking…
from me two you,
1 1/4 C. flour
1 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks butter
8oz. cream cheese – softened
14oz can sweetened cond. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 C. chocolate chips
chocolate syrup and caramel syrup for drizzeling
1/4 C. chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in mixing bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, and baking soda; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- press mixture into greased 9×13 pan.
- bake for 15 minutes.
- in clean mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy using an electric mixer, add cond.milk, eggs, and vanilla. beat until smooth.
- pour cream cheese mixture over hot crust. and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- once removed from oven add chocolate chips to top of cheesecake bars to let slightly melt. let cool for 15 minutes.
- drizzle chocolate syrup and caramel syrup on top and sprinkle on pecans.
- refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. but better if you can let chill overnight.
- slice into bars, serve, and enjoy…