Doesn’t just the words “brownie pie” make you smile just a bit. This recipe started off from a beautiful article about Katharine Hepburn and her famous brownies. Since the oscars were last week, I thought I would give it a go since I had my momma and daddy as taste testers. Well I’m not saying Katharine’s brownies weren’t good, but for starters they didn’t hold their shape when trying to remove them from the pan. Second way to much nuts and not enough chocolate. So I decided to cut, edit, and add a few things to Mrs.Hepburn’s recipe to hopefully transform into a real oscar worthy dessert. For starters let’s change the name to pie, the brownies still will not hold their shape, but hey use a spoon put in a fancy glass and you will be fine. Second I used half the amount of nuts, and replaced the missing half amount with chocolate chips. Third a nice dollop of whipped cream on top just makes anything better. This really is a wonderful recipe, perfect for a pair or for a small dinner party. I really don’t think Mrs.Hepburn would mind me making changes to her recipe after all she said it best ..” If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun..”
from me two you,
2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 stick butter
1 C. sugar
1/4 C. flour
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 C. chopped pecans
1/2 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
whipped cream for topping.
– melt butter with baking chocolate in heavy saucepan over medium heat. make sure to stir constantly.
– remove from heat once melted and stir in sugar.
– whisk in eggs and vanilla.
– in a small clean mixing bowl combine flour,salt, pecans, and chocolate chips. toss well to coat nuts and chocolate with flour.
– add flour mixture to our wet chocolate bowl and fold well to combine everything together.
– grease a 8×8 square glass baking dish and pour browine batter in.
– bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.
– to serve place a scoop of brownies into bowl and top with whipped cream.