My dad and I were in need of a quick-lunch. Now usually I don’t go about fixin different meals for each person, just too much work for my lazy self, but today I decided to make an exception. The star of our recipes today is tilapia, just two pieces. I used the same seasoning and cooking method for all the fish, I just decided to plate them a bit different. We ended up sharing one of each so we could decided which we liked better, daddy prefered the fish tacos, and I prefered the fish sandwich. Either way you wish to fix this, it was a quick and delicious lunch for two. So maybe you have a few pieces of fresh fish or some frozen babies hidden in the freezer, either way make lunch for someone you know, sometimes it’s nice to share…
tilapia two ways
2 pieces of fresh or frozen tilapia
2 T. olive oil
pinch of chilli powder
pinch of paprika
pinch of garlic salt
pinch of dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper
fresh lemon slices for squeezing
– begin by heating oil in large skillet.
– using a small bowl combine all seasonings – chilli powder, paprika, garlic salt, parsley, and salt and pepper. and mix well to combine.
– sprinkle seasoning onto fish on both sides of fish (*if you are using a frozen fish, make sure it is defrosted first)
– cook fish for 3-5 minutes on each side over medium high heat. fish should flake with a fork when cooked through.
– remove from pan, then squeeze fresh lemon over warm fish.
to serve tacos:
place fish into warm tortilla shell. top with fresh avocado slices, lettuce, cheese and salsa. i served a side of chips and salsa.
to serve fish sandwich:
place fish into a toasted (butter then put under the broiler) hot dog bun. top with mayo, lettuce, and baby dill pickles. i served sides of baby dill pickles and potato salad.