I am a morning person, happy to rise before the sun says hello, ready to talk and be productive before breakfast. I’ve learned from my childhood that to be a well liked morning person you may do as wish, but just don’t talk to anyone else before 10am. Weird as it sounds I really don’t care for breakfast, I mean I love breakfast food, but I have to get up – get going before I’m even slightly hungry. Strange to me how someone can wake up ready to eat, I mean how do you even know what you want to eat? you just woke up?
So needless to say I am a fan of food that is portable, case in point I love frosted strawberry poptarts – yes – I know it’s probably not even real food – but I adore them. Today’s recipe is among my favorites for an easy breakfast that you can make on the weekend and have to nibble on through the week. I decided on cute mini muffins, but big girl muffins are fine too. Either way I hope this inspires your breakfast menu for this week…Nothing nicer to start your day than a happy little muffin…
lemon poppy seed muffins
1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 C. milk
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/2 of a pkg of lemon instant pudding mix
3 T. poppy seeds
glaze : 1/2 C. powder sugar + 4 T. milk
– begin by placing flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
– using a whisk, combine all ingredients until no lumps are visible.
– using a large measuring cup, measure out milk, vegetable oil, and crack into cup. whisk with a fork to combine liquid ingredients.
– now sprinkle in lemon instant pudding mix into dry ingredients, and pour in all of the wet mixture. use a wooden spoon to combine well, but try not to over mix.
– stir in poppy seeds.
– place muffin mix into a greased muffin pan and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes for mini muffins (10-12 minutes for normal muffin size)
– remove muffins from pan and let cool completely. glaze muffins if desired, but let glaze harden before storing muffins.
– eat and enjoy…